Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tangled Si-Si

If the blog name Tangled Me had not been taken, I might have had to delete this blog and start a new one under that name. Sierra had a tangling problem. Nope, no complex, tangled emotional issues. No tangled up finances, or relationships.

Her hair. She twirls it incessantly. She sucks her thumb and twirls her hair, and soon there are knots the size of my fist. And minutes after I spend allllll that time untangling the globs of hair, I pick her up and what do I find? MORE! The back of her head mats like a cocker spaniel. It's awful. I think it's the combination of curly hair, twirly fingers, and the stickiness of most everything Sierra eats.

Generally I can remove the knots with minimal hair loss, but so far I have had a couple knots that simply had to be cut out. If she continues this, she will be bald.

Icomb it out, use detangler.. and yet I cannot stop or prevent these knots of death. Poor Sierra may end up with a bowl cut. Now I understand why mothers do those horrible haircuts- to avoid this situation!

Her hair is sooooo pretty...

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Try putting cornrows in her hair. try it with braids first, because they're tons easier to do, and if she gets them out, no use trying cornrows.

Go to wherever you can get braiding bands for horses. Those rainbow ones that look horrible everywhere else? Two-year-olds like them.

The braids make less hair to get tangled, therefore easier to get undone.